“You are not here to do what has been done before.” This mantra is our motivation and every employees’ “Get Out Failure Free” card. We expect the new, the different and the unexplored. More importantly, we give you the encouragement and freedom to stretch your talents wherever they may take us, and our clients. We are enthusiastic and motivated individuals looking for like-minded people who are up to the challenge.
Backend Web Developer
DHX is looking for an experienced backend developer to join our digital team in Portland, Oregon.
As part of a great in-house development team, you will regularly collaborate with other developers and UX/UI designers and will need to have a solid understanding of front end languages such as HTML, CSS, and jQuery as well.
- Develop, organize and maintain numerous WordPress and Drupal websites
- Work directly with front end developers to implement HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Manage numerous databases through PHPMyAdmin
- Work within cPanel to maintain different sites’ tools such as SSL Certificates, crons and database organization
- Use project management software (Mavenlink) to accurately track project progress and bill hours
- Work directly with account managers and graphic designers to organize efficient and accurate project structures and deadlines
- Custom web application development experience
- Developed with at least one CMS framework or web application framework
- Employed a framework or extended an existing CMS with custom coding
- Understands key server-side web development concepts such as:
- Integrating data and user accounts
- Integrating multiple databases into a single system
- Managing a hosting environment
- Managing a database environment such as PHPMyAdmin
- Using a version control system
- Working with content approval and staging/development workflows
- Migrating data safely and effectively
- Ensuring the quality of applications through unit testing
- Familiarity and comfort working with APIs
- Experience working with relational database, especially MySQL
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Ability to jump between multiple projects on a daily basis
What Will Set You Apart
- Sense of humor
- A solid portfolio
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Experience working with Symfony
- Familiarity with analytics code and implementation
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
DHX is a full-service advertising and branding agency dedicated to reimagining, reinvent and reigniting brands. We build lasting relationships with our clients and help them forge meaningful bonds with their audiences.
No recruiters please.
Show us what you can do. Send us a link to your online portfolio and be sure to include links to websites you’ve worked on along with your resume.